A work in progress...

So the hen run is taking a little longer than expected but thats only because the car needed MOT'd and we decided to focus a full day yesterday on my new Etsy shop, taking pictures etc. I'm really excited to be getting that up and running, a creative outlet for me and everything I earn from it can go straight into our mortgage fund, every extra helps! Also it suits my personality to have a few wee ventures on the go :)

Anyway back to the hens! Heres what it looked like on friday after a few evening hours at it...

House starting to take shape - roof is going to be very steep so there is room to perch on the
high side and nesting boxes on the low side. All very sturdy - should last years and years :)

Then today Al has been working away by himself (I'm working on the computer outside 'supervising' lol as if he needs it) He's attaching the wire and doing a beautiful job - look how tight and neat it is! It's starting to look like a real chicken run now SO EXCITING!!!!!



9 comments:

  1. Just been nosey at your Etsy shop- the earrings are beautiful- I'm now struggling with myself. I'm supposed to be not shopping but I am a wee bit in love with a pair. Lets see if I can hold out lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm struggling too now because usually I encourage frugality but I can't wait to get my 1st sale!

      I do have a discount code for blog followers though so if you decide to treat yourself type BLOGLOVE in the coupon section and get 25% off :)

      Delete
    2. oooooooooooohhhhhh that's so naughty! LOL LOL (not that I can blame you) :-)

      Delete
    3. I have no will power! I discovered some money in my paypal I did not know was there- I ordered the earrings :-)

      Delete
    4. AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much Sarah - I'll be posting them today, I hope you love them :) Thank you thank you thank you!!! It feels like I have a 'real' Etsy shop now - I'm over the moon :)

      Delete
  2. Love the coop! we got hens on saturday, if you live any where near Moira you should head to http://www.nuthousehenrescue.co.uk/Re-home-some-hens.html, where did you get your chicken wire, we're planning to build an extension for ours at the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Linda - Congrats on the hens :) We might do that, we've heard about that place, I'll have a look on the website. The wire has a story behind it lol I'm posting about it tonight but it came off a garage roof!

      Delete
    2. Re-cycling! I like it! definitely check out the nut house.

      Delete
    3. We got our second roll of chicken wire from ebay (through Quidco of course - every little helps) but our first came off a skip. There must have been 20 metres of the stuff : ) Sometimes it pays to keep your eyes open.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...