Smiles in the garden



Smiles for lots of reasons -
  1. New funky glasses that I love!
  2. Sun was out, on Saturday so we could enjoy it together.
  3. I was wearing my Ireland top that I altered myself, it used to be one of Al's back in the day but now I wear it with pride, 2 years to go till I'll have an Irish passport WOOP :)
  4. We planted loads of seeds to fill up our wee greenhouse, peas, silverbeet, lettuce, rocket, turnips, broccoli, sunflowers, courgette, cucumbers and more chillis.
  5. The smell of baking banana bread was floating out our kitchen window to us!
  6. Our spuds are growing really well in the tyres, we've already added a full tyre of soil to each of them, our ones in the drills are not quite up yet but we did plant them late...
  7. Lastly, I always smile when I watch Al gardening, only a few years ago he was a total beginner but really keen and interested. He had grown spuds and peas at home with his dad as a young child and that was it, now I think he's overtaking me on the knowledge front! I love that vegetable gardening is a passion and a hobby we now share, for us spending the day together in our garden, talking laughing and planting is pure bliss :)










8 comments:

  1. Love your new glasses they really suit you! Way to go with the gardening :) Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I'm so glad I was brave with the glasses and didn't just go for the safe option, these are so fun! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great day- we had one like it on Sunday. Love the new glasses x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, glad you got some good weather too :)

      Delete
  3. You're a ray of sunshine, Astra ... what a happy read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you! thats such a lovely thing to say :) I've just been reading your (whole!) blog and I can see why gail thinks we should meet, hopefully we can one day :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi Astra! I popped over from Millie's blog to say Hi! Yay for a new blog! It's lovely to meet you! Your posts seemed to have superimposed over each other so I couldn't seem to comment on the chicken one which I was going to! Anyway, we used to have a chicken run in our surburban garden and you gave me a real sense of nostalgia with this! I love chucks! We had 3 little bantums with bags of character who were totally unphased by our 8 cats at the time (cats totally unphased too!) Very impressed with your run! I am afraid that we just bought one!

    I loved your anniversary post too! How lovely! I love how positive and loving that post is!

    Lovely to meet you!
    x
    Anyway, your blog looks totally the kind I love so I am off to click that follow button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kezzie, Thanks so much for the lovely comment, this might sound crazy but I love the way there is so much exclamation marks! thats how I write too! haha anyway dont know what happened with my post but please let me know if it happens again and I'll have to look into it...

      Thanks for following and Im off to see your blog now xx :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...